The FANTASTIC project will be presented at ICL-GNSS 2018 and ION GNSS+ 2018.
The paper “GNSS Measurement Exclusion and Weighting with Dual Polarized Antenna: The FANTASTIC project” has been accepted for the 2018 edition of the International Conference on Localization and GNSS – ICL-GNSS. This year ICL-GNSS will take place in Guimaraes (Portugal) from the 26th to the 28th of June.
From the call for papers, an extract of the hot topics addressed this year at the ICL-GNSS conference:
Reliable navigation and positioning are becoming imperative in more and more applications for safety-critical purposes, public services and consumer products. A robust localization solution, which will be available continuously, is needed regardless of the specific environment, i.e., outdoors and indoors, and on different platforms such as stand-alone navigators and mobile devices. ICL-GNSS addresses the latest research on wireless and satellite-based positioning techniques to provide reliable and accurate position information with low latency. The emphasis is on the design of mass-market navigation receivers and related tools and methodologies.
The scope includes (but is not limited to) the following topics:
- Antennas and RF front-end for GNSS receivers
- Design, prototyping and testing of positioning devices
- Acquisition, tracking and navigation algorithms
- Detection and mitigation techniques for adverse propagation conditions
- Wireless and sensor-based localization
- GNSS applications for remote sensing, ionospheric sounding and space weather
- Precise timing for GNSS and terrestrial systems
- Security and privacy in joint communication and navigation systems
- Authentication and privacy aspects of positioning
- Spoofing countermeasures
- Cooperative and peer-to-peer positioning
- Positioning based on signals-of-opportunity
- Multi-GNSS receivers and emerging navigation satellite systems
- Indoor positioning and localisation in densely populated urban areas
- Hybrid NAV/COM positioning
- Cognitive positioning architectures
- Positioning for autonomous systems (robots, planes, land and marine vehicles)
- Crowd-sourced and swarm localisation
- Location-based mobility models, services and applications
Another paper about FANTASTIC, “Authentication by Polarization: A Powerful Anti-Spoofing Method”, will be presented at the ION GNSS+ 2018 conference that will take place in Miami, USA, from the 24th to the 28th September. The paper wil be in the Session F2, dedicated to GNSS Signal Processing in Degraded Environments.
ION GNSS+ is considered the world’s largest technical meeting and showcase of GNSS technology, products and services. This year’s conference will bring together international leaders in GNSS and related positioning, navigation and timing fields to present new research, introduce new technologies, discuss current policy, demonstrate products and exchange ideas.